1. sensational playing and teamwork;
2. super breaks;
3. a stomping and precise rhythm section (John, Tyler and Justin);
4. James Evans and Haruka (having recently settled in with this band) really enjoying themselves and playing some amazing unrestrained stuff;
5. a 'quiet' chorus;
6. a front-line-only chorus;
7. a super raw final chorus;
8. a fun coda;
9. twelve variations on the final Chorus with a range of entertaining and interesting treatments;
10. Marla's dynamic leadership throughout.
The whole performance is driven along by the pulsating poom-poom-poom-poom rhythmic pattern (rather than um-chook-um-chook) that I personally find thrilling and entirely appropriate to this type of tune.